Due to the campus modifications put in place for the Fall 2023 semester, the Multicultural Academic Opportunities Program (MAOP) will be working both online as well as in the office. Please note our office location has changed. We are now in the Media Annex located at 130 Otey Street.
If you have any concerns or need to reach someone within MAOP, please email that person directly or email@example.com or by calling our office at 540-231-5023, Monday – Friday from 8:00am – 5:00pm. Thank you for working with us as we support the health and safety of our students, co-workers, and community.
All the Best, Monica Hunter
Through partnerships with various academic colleges and departments at Virginia Tech, other colleges and universities, governmental entities, and various organizations, MAOP provides support for diverse students who demonstrate a clear commitment to the pursuit of academic excellence.
We assist both undergraduate and graduate students in their transition to Virginia Tech and provides academic guidance, emotional, social, and financial support until they graduate. For undergraduates interested in graduate education in the future, MAOP provides opportunities for students to engage in summer research.
- Creating an environment that supports and retains students to graduation from Virginia Tech
- Develop students to become productive citizens and leaders in today's global society
- Building partnerships with faculty at Virginia Tech and other higher education institutions, who are willing to financially support and mentor undergraduates through research opportunities
- Assisting graduate students in navigating the graduate education process, especially students who are historically underrepresented in their disciplines
- Cultural Community Centers
- Office for Equity and Accessibility, Human Resources
- Office of Graduate Recruitment and Diversity Initiatives
- Office of Inclusion and Diversity
- Office of Undergraduate Research
- The Student Success Center
- University Scholarships and Financial Aid
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE)
- National MANRRS Office
- National Science Foundation (NSF) Research Experiences for Undergraduates
103 Media Annex
130 Otey Street NW (MC 0155)
Blacksburg, VA 24061